CISM Benefits for Business and Industry
Critical Incident Response Programs: The New Standard of Excellence in Risk Management.
Critical Incidents are inevitable in any type of business or industry. When you have a Critical Incident Stress Management program in place your company will manage the associated risks more effectively and inexpensively.
Take care of your employees after a stressful or traumatic incident. A peer-based crisis intervention team will support and enhance resilience and a quick recovery.
C.I.S.M. Programs Benefit Everyone
- Meet OSHA requirements for General Duty Clause 29 USC 1900 5(a) and for S.E.M.P. compliance (Structured Emergency Response Program). See OSHA Critical Incident Stress Guide
- Provide Risk Management for adversarial situations and help decrease litigious responses
- Help prevent job stress and burnout problems and worker injuries/errors and associated costs
- Decrease bottom-line expenses for employers. Studies have shown realized savings of $7 for every $1 spent on CISM.
- Promote employee wellness and decrease utilization of sick time and benefits, up to 60%, in noted cases.
- Stabilize crisis situations quickly & effectively when they do occur
Tragedy Can Happen Anytime
WILL YOU BE PREPARED?
Some examples of workplace critical incidents are:
- Accidents/Injuries/Deaths occurring while at work
- Death of an employee off the job
- Death of employee family member
- Workplace violence
- Robberies/ Crime
- Chronic job-related stress
- Inadequate stress management skills
- Natural Disasters: fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes
The National Safe Workplace Institute projects the cost to the business at greater than $4.3 billion annually. This is due to lost productivity, worker error, sick time, and job-related injury due to the traumatic impact from these types of events.